Greater Graduate Program
Want to start your career in a diverse and dynamic organisation? If so, the Greater Graduate Program offers you a unique opportunity to build your career and grow with the Queensland Government.
The program enables you to develop your university learnings with exposure to real, relevant and practical work.
We are looking for recent graduates that have a strong desire to:
- contribute to the broader community
- manage the state's agriculture, environment and resources
- get their hands dirty with practical experience and field work
- get involved and be enthusiastic about managing their career.
The program provides graduates with an opportunity to work in roles with the following Queensland Government departments:
Our graduate requirements vary each year depending on the needs of our business areas. Generally, we seek graduates in sciences, business, public policy, law, planning, environmental management, history, heritage and architecture studies.
Check out the departmental websites for more information on the different roles, responsibilities, and work benefits on offer.
The program will provide you with comprehensive learning and development opportunities to assist you in your transition from study to full-time employment. It will offer you:
- a structured 11-month development program covering topics such as leadership, stakeholder engagement, negotiation and facilitation, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness
- performance and development planning to identify skills growth
- professional networking opportunities and membership with the Graduate Alumni
- an assigned buddy from the Graduate Alumni to help you transition into the public sector
- opportunities to work in city or regional locations
- flexible working conditions that suit your lifestyle.
Eligibility for the program
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of submitting your application, or
- be a New Zealand citizen who is currently residing in Australia, and
- have completed your university qualification in the last two years. This includes post-graduate studies.
If you hold overseas qualifications you will need to undertake an assessment from Overseas Qualifications Services to include with your application.
Register your interest
Graduates are encouraged to register their details via the Queensland Government Graduate Portal when it opens in March. We can then email you with updates and information throughout the year once you have registered your details in the portal.
We may also contact you and invite you to apply for other entry-level opportunities that arise throughout the year if you have already graduated and are available for work.
Graduates only need to register their details in the portal once each year to be considered for all Queensland Government graduate programs.
Please note: registering your details in the portal is not an application for a graduate program. The Greater Graduate Program is one of many graduate programs offered across the Queensland Government. Your registration of interest means that your contact details are entered into a database so we can email you and invite you to apply for our Greater Graduate Program once we start recruiting.
The application process
Our recruitment takes place in September each year. If you have registered your details in the portal, we can identify if you are eligible and then send you an email invitation to apply.
Eligibility is determined by your:
- completed registration (via the graduate portal)
- qualification type and completion date
- qualification discipline (as per business needs each intake)
- eligibility to work in Australia.
Your registration of interest in the portal is not an application for a program. You need to follow the instructions provided in your invitation to apply in order to formally apply for a role/s with the Greater Graduate Program.
The Graduate Portal is your gateway to a wide range of graduate positions on offer within the Queensland Government.
More information on:
To find out about the great opportunities available to you, read more aboutlife in the Queensland Government.
Any further questions?
Email the program coordinators if you have any further questions about the program.